JUNIOR TRAFFIC ENGINEER
Our Traffic Engineering Department will consider an individual looking to expand their experience and knowledge in the Traffic Engineering field. This individual will gain experience in conducting project tasks, field work, writing reports, traffic signal design and timing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Facilitate and process traffic data.
· Conduct site visits.
· Write traffic reports.
· Conduct capacity evaluation for intersections, roadways, freeways and ramps.
· Conduct computer traffic modeling.
· Prepare traffic signal plans and diagrams.
· Collaborate with fellow traffic engineering professionals.
· Develop traffic engineering strategies and techniques.
· Comfortable working in 332 traffic signal cabinet.
· Conduct traffic signal timing optimization using MaxTime.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· College graduate with up to 7 years’ experience.
· Self-motivated individual with desire to lead projects.
· Team Player.
· PE, EIT or striving to obtain EIT.
· Knowledge and use of MUTCD, HCM/HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, SIDRA, VISSIM, Microstation.
· Knowledge and use of GDOT processes and procedures is desirable.
· Knowledge and use of Microstation (CADD).
· Should be participating in at least one professional organization, i.e., ITE, ITS, etc.
· Company provided health insurance for employee and family.
· Vacation schedule graduated on experience with company.
· Six paid holidays
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO